You have at least three years intensive experience in an area of software development and possess the self-discipline to create code that's user-friendly, robust, maintainable, fast and lean.
You're an extremely fast learner and you can crack hard coding problems even faster. Your intelligence is highly practical - you know how get the job done.
You have loads of drive and get a kick from creating killer code that makes users very *very* happy.
And who is muvee anyway?
In 2001 we invented something completely groundbreaking: software that *automatically* edits raw video and pictures to music, creating finished, professional-looking video productions. Today, this is considered by the industry as an entirely new genre of video editing software. (http://gigaom.com/video/mobile-video-editing/)
Our software is so highly intelligent, even your granny could use it. In fact, some of our users *are* grannies (in addition to tweens, college kids, moms & dads - people of all ages).
Since we started, muvee's been pushing this new field forward at a frenetic pace. We're miles ahead of our competitors anywhere in the world, and have grown like crazy. Today, we have teams in Singapore, Silicon Valley, Victoria BC, Tokyo and Seoul and our code has shipped in the hundreds of millions globally in dozens of languages. If at any time in the last few years you bought an HP computer, Nikon camera, HTC or LG Android phones, chances are, you already have our software!
Fast forward to 2012: we are frantically working on our next big innovation. We are on our way to creating a whole new category with what we believe will be the next big thing in consumer videography. If you want to help shape the future of how people use video in their everyday lives, muvee is the place to do it.
What would you be working on if you joined us?
Our software is about processing video, images and music, so a lot of our software development is directly in those areas. But the range of work is much wider, from GUI design to application architecture to multi-processor optimization, deep integration to DSP and mobile chipsets, to Amazon web services, Google AppEngines, SEO, SEM and online billing systems.
Most of our coding is in C++, but we do some work using C, Java, J2ME, PHP, ASP(.Net), Shell scripts, Python, PERL and more. Our platforms include Windows, Mac, Android, WindowsPhone, Linux, OMX and even proprietary embedded systems.
If you have any of those specific skills, get in touch. But even if your software experience is in other areas, we want to hear from you provided you have those three key qualities: Maturity, Smarts, and Passion.
- All the jobs listed here are based in our Singapore headquarters near Bugis MRT.
- Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.)
Here's what you get when you join us:
- Work with some of the smartest people on the planet; from 15 different countries
- Flexible hours; for days when you need to go feed the cat...
- Best medical insurance package in town; if you need to check-in to a hospital, you get the same treatment as the CEO
- 15 days annual leave with one additional day per year; we know there are mountains you want to climb
- $200 cash to buy your next iPhone, iPad or Android toy; cos we like these toys too...
- $500 if you get your friend a job at muvee; after you start work here, you will hardly get to see them anyways...
- a limited edition standard issue muvee hoodie; to hide those pizza stained t-shirts
- a well stocked 1960's American Diner; free flow espresso with a members-only beer club
- Fussball machine and pool table; we really like people to keep poking around
- a lay-z-boy and massage chair; for those powernaps that an espresso can't fix
- and oh yes, we don't block YouTube and Facebook...in fact, Facebook is also the company Intranet!
- ...and yes, ahem, free wifi.