Internet marketing videos are big, and getting bigger:
- Globally, online video traffic will be 55 percent of all consumer Internet traffic in 2016. (Cisco)
- 52 percent of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions. (Invodo)
- Online video production will account for more than one-third of all online advertising spending within the next five years. (Borrell Associates)
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others. (Invodo)
- Consumers give up on an online video if it doesn’t load in two seconds. (University of Massachusetts Amherst and Akamai Technologies)
So, it’s important that your business start leverage this useful tool.
There many examples of brilliant internet marketing campaigns using video, most recently an Audio commercial featuring “new” Spock and “prime” Spock that’s been viewed 5 million times!
However, video marketing doesn’t have to be a complex, high-production affair. Using simple automatic video editing tools like muvee Reveal makes it possible to create video that does the job well – many small businesses use video because its “cool or sexy” forgetting that video is “the needle” it’s the delivery method, what’s most important is appropriate.
It’s also important to remember to define success before you start and outline specific business goals: “We need a our video to snag a place on the front page of Google search” is a pretty reachable goal.
Once you have identified your goal, you can create a video marketing tool that is appropriate for the task at hand.
Here’s an example of a simple internet marketing video by Diversified Health Clinic that was designed for “SEO” – to help the business claim a spot on the front page of Google’s search page: