If you’re selling a product, you need to get on top of video editing for businesses. Why? shouldYouTube videos are increasingly becoming an important tool for businesses to connect and “engage” consumers. For example, Online video is 141 times more likely than a website to generate a “click-through” in search engine results.
This stunning statistic is based on research by Mary Fletcher Jones, whose company YouTube Channel, Fletcher Prince, ranks #10 for YouTube video views. Mary has compiled a number of interesting statistics about the usefulness of YouTube as a marketing channel, including:
- Online video viewing increased 43% in the United States last year
- YouTube views increased 25% last year
- YouTube videos receive 4 billion views/day
- More than 500 tweets/minute contain a YouTube link
YouTube itself has an excellent resource for businesses to help create memorable videos that increase views, customer engagement, and ideally clicks, called the YouTube Creator Playbook. The Playbook compiles important tips, best practices, and strategies to build greater audiences on YouTube. It’s also updated as new features are released and new tips are uncovered, so be sure to check back frequently.
Examples of video editing tips from YouTube:
The first 15 seconds are the most important part of your video – content needs to be compelling
- Include compelling calls to action to motivate viewers to click on links!
- Regularly schedule “themed content” (think: Discovery Channel’s yearly Shark Week)
- Get some help (and help others) by cross-promoting and collaborating with other organizations and their YouTube channels
- Use YouTube Analytics to figure out what works and what does not
YouTube Analytics is indeed an entirely different, complex and rewarding topic businesses (and everyone else) should explore and master in order to make the most out of YouTube. The Official YouTube blog has a great intro blog post on YouTube Analytics, offering tips tips for how to monitor the overall performance of your Channel and how to assess your videos based on the what the data is telling you.
You can use Analytics to get more views for your YouTube videos by learning what each metric means and how the different metrics correlate to one another to find the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of trends you’re seeing.
You can then use these new insights in the video editing process with muvee.
muvee Reveal X provides powerful tools for video editing for business